Hi class, I very new to the Photoshop software so I resorted to Google to find some fun tricks to share with all of you. I found a list of 21 fairly simple Photoshop ‘hacks’ on Buzzfeed (always fun)! The article describes the tips mentioned as easy enough for anyone with a “rudimentary” understanding of Photoshop. Many of us seem to be at this rudimentary level right now. I know we’ll all have a better handle on the software in due time! Here is a link to the very helpful article: http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/incredibly-simple-photoshop-hacks-everyone-should-know
Some of these tips are for very closeup, glamorous photos (think cosmetic ad) that I’m not sure any of us will be working with something like that for our recovery projects.
One of the easiest yet coolest tips (in my opinion), was #5. This tip teaches Photoshop users how to cross one image with another image’s color palate. The examples they give cross photographs with famous works of art with particularly beautiful or interesting color schemes.
The process of achieving this is a follows:
1) Open the image that you wish to extract the color scheme from (aka. artwork or another photo with great color)
2) Open the photo you wish to apply the color scheme to (likely an image from your recovery story portfolio)
3) Select Image>>Adjustments>>Match Color (and then select the photo you want to copy the color from)
4) OPTIONAL: Alter Luminance and Color Intensity if so desired
5) Click the OK button when you are happy with the color!
I think this tip can be helpful for not only apply color from works of art to our images. But say you work really had to manually perfect the color in one of your images, and want that color applied to other images without going through the painstaking alteration process again.,,I think this could be just the quick fix you need!
Hope this helps! I look forward to learning from all of you!