The effect I chose to do on audacity was to make it sound like a telephone call. I was looking at tricks on the internet and couldn’t find anything too exciting, but this one stood out to me. It’s a simple way to enhance the listener’s experience. In my project, this effect isn’t essential, but some of the projects we listened to in class might benefit from this tip.
- Pick the clip you want to work with.
I chose a selection from my conversation with my mom
- Go to effects and choose Equilization
The equalizer window will pop up. It looks like this:
- Select the radio button: Graphic EQ
The screen changes to this:
- Adjust the levels so they’re all at their minimum, except for the ones in the range between 500 Hz and 2000 Hz
- Click OK
- Select Amplify from the Effects menu
- Leave the default settings, and hit OK
That’s all there is to it! You now how a “telephonized” voice recording. This could set the scene, without you having to explain anything! I hope this was helpful!